Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.review #230254
You may also like
- "Everything started at November 7, 2014 when I decided to send 300 USD to my sister in Brazil. I went to the US Bank Agency to make the transfer. The..."
- "Up to $1500 Fast Loan Online. Get Approved Fast. Apply Online Today.http://88payday-cash.com 88payday-cash.com reviews advance is your complete partner to get you through all kinds of short-term financial..."
- "Dear everyone, who is doing business around the world using paypal, using 99designs, or other busines, witch is including online banking. I want to inform you about the company payoneer.com witch..."
- "I'm sick of Netflix deciding how long to stream their TV shows before interrupting them. If they are going to do this they should provide a wireless to each of..."
- "We live in Eugene. A salesman over the phone had pre-approved financing, said there would be wiggle room on the price of the vehicle we were interested in pretty much..."
- "I received a package from ups at my office this morning. From the marks on the package, it looks like they dragged it down the block and back or it..."
- "Having a house built by Plantation Homes and the project manager is out of town. No work on the house all week and this is what I get! Was so..."
- "(Oakland,CA)My parked car was hit by a teenager on his way to prom. He ran a stop sign causing someone to hit him, he flipped over and landed on the..."
- "Our couches "real" leather started to flake. When we called to get it fixed Rooms to Go informed us that our warranty had expired about 2 weeks prior and they..."