Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I submitted $300 through the currency exchange company www.paygot.com and they stole my money! It's been over a month now and i never received my money that was promised within..."
- "I purchased a Reload It when the walgreens cashier didn't know how to load my card. Instead of taking 5 minutes to drive up the street to walmart, I just..."
- "My wife needed extra money while she was away sending our daughter to boarding school so I sent her two thousand Five hundred (Php 2,500.00) to cover what she needed..."
- "This is an edit of a photo taken by MorningPrint, previously one of my favorite printers, of 85% Cyan as shown in a Pantone process book (”85” color chip) ..."
- "Hole in One International Scam lady out of 1 million dollars in Oregon Casino. Hole in One International scam lady in Arizona of 1 Million Dollars Hole in One International..."
- "Last month I ordered two coats from DressLily. The one pictured here was advertised as a dark gray cashmere blend. The size conversion chart on their website told me their..."
- "There was a rock in my food luckily I don't chew hard or I would have broken my *** tooth!!! The lady told me to stop at the first window..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."
- "Restraunt never received order... Called next day for refund.... Phone system said "10 minute wait" turned into 51 minute wait!.... Waste of time in 2 days!!!!! Customer service DID NOT..."