Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "LBC online, and phone transfer service, was initially promised to come online again on April 15; that did not happen. There was a new date, April 30, then June 1...."
- "If you need a number to contact, here it is in the picture, i just spoke to them to chase mine up. If i dont hear anything back by tomorrow..."
- "hi, We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After..."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."
- "We live in Eugene. A salesman over the phone had pre-approved financing, said there would be wiggle room on the price of the vehicle we were interested in pretty much..."
- "My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield. They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the..."
- "Bought this phone to replace an AT&T phone that we wore out. Bought it 2 months ago and have been using it for about 1 month. Speakerphone is horrible on..."
- "Hello Everyone, I am Mrs Jenna from Texas, USA. I will like to share the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan..."
- "one of their agent keeps on calling and sending emails with a booking i did not make, when i answer his call, i told him that the email he sent..."