Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.review #230254
You may also like
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "Ukash To Perfect Money, Ukash To Bitcoin, Ukash To Paypal, Ukash To Webmoney, Ukash To Okpay. Fast, Safe and Secure Ukash Exchange Service. Ukash exchange, There are now a number of..."
- "I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List. I did not accept and..."
- "On this very website, UHaul asks us to contact their customer service department prior to submitting a review on this site. Well, we have been trying to contact someone..."
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."
- "I've tried posting my Pekingese puppies and everytime I post I'm flagged. No reason given so I cannot fix whatever I did wrong. This last time I just..."
- "Went to dinner, Olive Garden Middletown Ohio. Was treated like they've never seen African Americans before. Sent to the back of restaurant, not acceptable, moved to booth, waited 12-15 minutes,..."
- "This is a copy of text conversation Just called the phone number on web site no answer hung up the phone rang back number 716-253-1098 asked if if this was..."