Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Dear sir/madam, I am Mohammad Zohirul Islam.for your kind consideration,i am complaning about western union address :gare du nord branch, 157 Rue du faubourg saint Denis 75010 IF,near station.The customer..."
- "I took out a title loan on a 1989 Mercury Topaz with Ace Cash Express. They gave me a whopping $300 (which was 40% of the cars value). When I..."
- "At first glance AMERILOAN seems to be the typical payday loan offer. But NOOOOO. I engaged with them on a simple $400 payday loan. They sent documents via..."
- "6/11/15: Lady from NY called this week and stated that this email below said CAN'T BOOK FOR DIFFERENT NAME BUT IT CLEARLY SILAS EMAILED: " The new ticket can be..."
- "Saturday delivery with important documents never left California. When I called customer service they actually tried to blame the UPS franchisee from where it was shipped. I called..."
- "I visited the Camping World in Fairview OR. After visiting, my family and i agreed the customer service was one of the most non caring service personnel we'd experienced. The..."
- "At 3:20pm of June 26,2016 me and my wife bought a Sketchers sandals at the Outlet by ELS at Azusa. The item is a gift for our son. But..."
- "My stay with Motel6 in Willoughby Ohio was my worst ever experience I have ever had with any hotel chain. The first impression was in the parking lot with a..."
- "I purchased a convertible Natori bra for my daughter. She wore it a couple of times. This bra was one of her favorites to wear with T-shirts that showed much..."