Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "THIS IS THE FRAUDULANT AD POSTED ON WEBSITES ***Turn $20 into $200, $100 into $1000*** Hello. My name is Kelly and I am the lead supervisor at a local Walmart..."
- "I feel blessed to have found InstaGC. If you follow all the guidelines and make sure you have done all of the necessary steps to get your $$$ you..."
- "If you need a number to contact, here it is in the picture, i just spoke to them to chase mine up. If i dont hear anything back by tomorrow..."
- "Seller shipped package from Colorado to Portland. OR. In two days it arrived at Troutdale, OR which is 11.6 miles from my front door. It then was shipped to Kent, WA which..."
- "Horrible product. Ordered 2 shirts on July 31st. Still waoting on one. The one I got is not at all like shown. The gray shirt received has a tiny heat..."
- "My two legged pitbull was killed by the office politics of Banfield. They not only over charge for their services, which are often provided by the tech instead of the..."
- "I have used a Tassimo coffee maker for years and compared to other coffee maker selections I have been generally satisfied. Recently a purchase of their product containing milk pods was..."
- "I was recently employed by Party City. The management never sat down with me to help me set up my ADP Self Service Portal. Today I went up there and..."
- " I am Tisha from Holistic Pet Care, my partners mentally ill x wife keeps posting FALSE reviews. I apologies to those who come across this site..."