Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.f110b61 review #230254
You may also like
- "I submitted $300 through the currency exchange company www.paygot.com and they stole my money! It's been over a month now and i never received my money that was promised within..."
- "Yesterday I have experienced such rude treatment from one of your tellers that I refuse to tolerate it any longer. Each time I try to make a transaction through Mr...."
- "Up to $1500 Fast Loan Online. Get Approved Fast. Apply Online Today.http://88payday-cash.com 88payday-cash.com reviews advance is your complete partner to get you through all kinds of short-term financial..."
- "I ordered furniture for my daughter's apartment and had to take 2 days off to accommodate separate delivery dates. They delivered a piece of her furniture (picture attached) with..."
- "I need to complete my externship of 180 hours without this they refused to give me my associates degree in science I have had trouble contacting the school administrator to..."
- "I had lift for a loose skin turkey neck look. After all the money spent, pain and bruising, it didn't work at all. I told doctor to compare..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "multnomah county loves to profit off of family heartache,when i tried to get my grandma moved into a assisted living home,they talked her into staying at home with a 10..."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."