Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.d6ac2dd review #230254
You may also like
- "Williamhill website DOES suck a lot! It is awful! What where they thinking when they programmed a such bad website! By "bad" I mean "BAD".This website never works! I am..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "Forget about the lies of Western Union. Here the real reasons what is going on with your frauded money. Western Union is the fraudster and make them to send to..."
- "12/21/2014 05:59 PST - Buyer: I ordered Christmas ornament 7 WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS yet it wont arrive in time to get it before I travel. Very rude seller after requesting..."
- "I purchased the thermal Whelp system on November 25, 2014. I plugged it up and put the bulb in the bulb heated and exploded had fire dripping from it and..."
- "Burlington Dental Clinic & Dr Paul O’Reilly was found guilty of professional misconduct, at an investigation into his fitness to practise dentistry, held on 12 December, 2014, in relation to..."
- "These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage...."
- "I ORDERED a COMFORTABLE FABRIC COVERED, CAMO COLORED, AUTO-INFLATABLE LIFE JACKET (full size) by item number listed with picture and description as advertised on their website - I received..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! Stay away! Too bad I couldn't give them ZERO stars! Below you'll see the letter I sent to Mor's corporate office! I just wanted to express my serious dissatisfaction with..."