Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Forget about the lies of Western Union. Here the real reasons what is going on with your frauded money. Western Union is the fraudster and make them to send to..."
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "Yesterday I have experienced such rude treatment from one of your tellers that I refuse to tolerate it any longer. Each time I try to make a transaction through Mr...."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."
- "I was in your downtown Portland Oregon Hilton today to make a quick phone call, because my cell phone battery had died. After being on the phone a security..."
- "On this very website, UHaul asks us to contact their customer service department prior to submitting a review on this site. Well, we have been trying to contact someone..."
- "I live in Spain & purchaced my 3rd chaisaw 3 years ago after disappointing performance from the previous 2 non Stihl models I owned. I spent quite some time in..."
- "I have a white carpet,with some stains and high traffic dirt. I made an appointment and was hoping for at least a cleaner carpet. I wasn't expecting miracles on the..."
- "I recieved the item on time i checked the warranty with asus ph and was advised that it already expired september of last year, also checked the activation key and..."