Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Subscription Renewal
- Review category
- Cash Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I recently had a very unpleasant experience with a company offering cash advance. I was approved and was suppose to have money on my bank account within 48 business hours...."
- "I purchased two Western Union Money Orders. One of the money orders I mailed to a company and they cannot find it. I called Western Union just to check to..."
- "Order carpet cleaning service through AngiesList. When carpet company called, they said it would be almost double what I had already paid upfront through AngiesList. I canceled order..."
- "About 1.5 years ago, I bought a Toyota 3.0 3vze long block motor from this company. I researched their ebay feedback ratings(IMPORTANT info on this below), which are supposedly..."
- "These guys PGR = Prefered Guest Resorts are a boiler shop in Florida that sold us "special" 4 night stay in Costa Rica at a 4 star Resort called Villas..."
- "Back in November, I decided to start the 21 Day Fix program with Beachbody after chatting with one of my friends who is currently a coach. There was a Thanksgiving..."
- "I was at the White Plains Expo on July 24th and purchased, *what was labeled on the container it was in* a Theraphosa Blondi (Goliath Birdeater). The guy who was..."
- "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..."
- "Guests badly scratch a stove top with sharp object, damaging a new stove on a recently renovated kitchen. FlipKey ignored our claim and return deposit to guest. The apt was..."