Angies List - Angie's List - Buyer beware of billing practice
Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.10600b1a review #230254
You may also like
- "Yesterday I have experienced such rude treatment from one of your tellers that I refuse to tolerate it any longer. Each time I try to make a transaction through Mr...."
- "My wife needed extra money while she was away sending our daughter to boarding school so I sent her two thousand Five hundred (Php 2,500.00) to cover what she needed..."
- "I trusted this man with my business handling my credit card transactions and just found out he was arrested multiple times!!! I could find two arrest records on line...."
- "When to wendys for lunch in smith kent , the chiken & fries were really bad look like there where using bad oil or really black oil because..."
- "Rosner was hired to correctly install a clutch in my car. Not only did they in-correctly install said clutch they made numerious mistakes in the process and could not repair..."
- "I grew my hair out for 6 months as to where i could get a plain short stacked bob. My hair was all one length and a little past the..."
- "Extremely disappointed with their rude attitude! So, I guess their policy is your NOT going to buy to get out of their stores?? I was shopping for a hot tub..."
- "These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage...."
- "Last month I ordered two coats from DressLily. The one pictured here was advertised as a dark gray cashmere blend. The size conversion chart on their website told me their..."