Angies List charged PayPal

130 of 171 Angies List Reviews
May 30, 2012
review #321638

I allowed the existing credit card expiration date that Angies List had on file to expire because I did not want to renew the account.Some how Angies List found out that I have an account with Pay-Pal.

They gained access to my account and set up a re-occurring credit card payment without my permission (and this was a different card than the one on file with Angies list). I have since closed my account with Angies List and Paypal. I have heard nothing from either company.

Fed Consumer Complaint can accept complaint but cant do anything.end.

64c819e
Had an experience with Angies List?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Ken Clarke

Sep 14, 2012

Hi,I'm an investigative reporter - I am currently writing a piece on Angies-List. On a public forum, I do not want to go into further details, but if you could contact me that would be great. I would be happy to pass over to you the information I have collected from other people who have been seriously mistreated. Please email: ken101clarke@gmail.com. All the best

1 0 Reply
Believe It

Jul 28, 2012

It's perfectly possible. Since they pay employees to harrass dissatisfied members like Tim M. above not to cancel, why should it seem impossible that they also pay a collection company to get payment by any means possible? That could include checking PayPal for the member's name and account #, and pressing PayPal to charge the new card. The complainant didn't say she/he was a contractor. My impression is that the complaint was from an ordinary consumer who wished to let an Angie's List subscription drop. That may not be the best way to do it, but Angie's List is easily able to deny access so I hardly think letting payment lapse is "fraud".

On the other hand, you are clearly a paid shill hired to muddy the waters after all the legitimate complaints. Most of the reviews hear sound exactly like what they are--regular people who did not get what they were led to expect from Angie's List.

0 1 Reply
Me

Jul 10, 2012

Paypal would never release your credit card information. Nor is it possible for Paypal to simply pay out to someone you haven't authorized. Letting your contract go to a breach of contract status with an expired credit card sounds more like fraud on your part to me. Most of the reviews on here really sound like contractors that advertised but didn't get results they wanted due to a poor economy. Then when it comes time to pay, like most deadbeat contractors, you evaded them. I wonder what the rest of your credit looks like. I can guess, pretty crappy. Quit making excuses and honor your contract deadbeat.

Passing by

Jun 04, 2012

Exactly! What a bunch of BS! It's losers like this who should not be allowed in business. You must have a real short memory or you're just plain dumb. Angie's list is prying on losers like this. You both worth one another!

May 31, 2012

Not possible. You gave them the information.

×
You were reading a complaint about Angies List.
Filing a new complaint about
×