• show-popup

Location Walnut Creek, California
Category Internet
Views 616
Monetary Loss

While researching a specific company, an Angie's list poped up and stated that I could get detailed reviews on that specific company once I joined.Upon joining, there was no information on that company.

They would only apologize for the "confusion". They are just another internet scam. While researching a specific company, an Angie's list poped up and stated that I could get detailed reviews on that specific company once I joined. Upon joining, there was no information on that company.

Promote consise writing and not dribble.Thanks 306952a

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 28, 2013  from Elkton, Maryland
I was just misled into joining Angie's list. It apparently doesn't have reviews of any roofing contractors in my region. I was searching for reviews of the roofer I was considering hiring; Angie's List came up as having reviews of the roofer. I could get all these details only by joining, however after paying the membership fee I discovered there was absolutely NO information on the roofer in question. I was even more discouraged when I found only one roofer within 50 miles had been reviewed, and there was only one review of that business.
Reply to MDJaner

Dec 23, 2013  from Troy, Missouri
It happened to me too. They are scammers.
Reply to Angiesucks

Dec 04, 2013  from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This literally just happened to me. We're looking for reviews on a certain roofer, and it Angie's List popped up with the company profile I was looking for so I signed up. As soon as I signed up, I searched the company to find nothing. This is a scam flat out.
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Angies List complaint

Angies list extortion from members and contractors

Angies list “Pay to Play” advertising Pricing… If you don’t think Angie’s List is a “Pay to Play” M...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Angies List.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug