Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Angies List ratings are not calculated correctly

I joined Angies list and cancelled that day...hopefully. They are a ripoff. They rated companies that are known to be horrible companies and gave them an A. Since when does having 4 Bs and 2As average out to an A rating. If you actually look at the ratings most of them are an average of A but there will be 2 A's 3 B's and a D...how does that equal an A rating overall??? This is such a scam. I cancelled...Im just hoping it actually does cancel. Dont waste your time...use free online sites and friends/family for reviews. I get better honest opinions from facebook.
Review

Angies List review in Las Vegas, Nevada: 8 MONTH WITH THEM AND NO PHONE CALL FOR WORK !!!!!!

I'M HADYMAN CONTRACTOR ,SINCE I START WITH ANGI'S LIST ,I NEVER RECEIVE A SINGLE PHONE CALL !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ,YOU CAN DIED BEFORE YOU GOT SOMETHING !!!! A LOT OF STIMULATION BUT NOTHING COME UP,NO CONTACT,NO UPGRADE TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ,JUST NOTHING ,MEAN ZERO !!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WAY THEY WORK !!, ON CRAIG LIST YOU GOT SOMETHING ,AND YOU DON'T PAY ANYTHING ,SOMETHING WRONG HERE !!! WHAT? NO IDEA !! PROBABLY BAD MANAGEMENT ,WITH THE SITUATION THAT WE HAVE NOW, BETTER TO GO TO SOMETHING MORE MOVING !!! VERY DESAPOINTED,,BAD DREAM , BUT JUST MOVE ONE

Hi,I'm an investigative reporter - I am currently writing a piece on Angies-List. On a public forum, I do not want to go into further details, but if you could contact me that would be great.

I would be happy to pass over to you the information I have collected from other people who have been seriously mistreated.

jaime

I had similar results from Angie List...I didnt receive any calls at all for 5 months yet they took money from my checking account. I called the rep that sign me up and he told me to call my area rep.

I did and since that time I have sold 8 jobs and have had about 10 opportunities. So maybe you should find out who is your rep and relay problem.

This is one of the largest scams going these days. They are using monies paid by naive people for prime time ads, just to sign up new members.

They also allow contractors to "buy" ratings. Stay tuned, wonder if 60 minutes or Dateline NBC will be first to expose Angie Hicks!?!?

Contractors are paying for the yearly membership of homeowners in exchange for a good review. I know one contractor that has paid out hundreds for this.

View more comments (3)
Review
BEWARE: ANGIESLIST IS A SITE WHERE CONNING CAN & DOES OCCUR. IT IS A BACKDOOR ROUTE FOR THOSE WHO AIM TO DESTROY A BUSINESS IMAGE DISCRETELY. DEFAMED COMPANIES ARE OFTEN NOT EVEN AWARE DEFAMATION AGAINST THEM HAS OCCURRED. WE WERE DEFAMED BY A COMPETITOR WHO BASHED...

View more comments
Review
I allowed the existing credit card expiration date that Angies List had on file to expire because I did not want to renew the account. Some how Angies List found out that I have an account with Pay-Pal. They gained access to my account and set up a re-occurring...

View more comments

Angies List review in Herndon, Virginia: Unreliable Contracters

I was under the impression that Angies list would help me find reliable and affordable contractors. So far I have experienced rude and I can't be so bothered since you don't have enough money contractors. I recieved a whole house painting for $999.00 offer, and though I would call the company that listed the coupon since I have aluminum siding and wanted to make sure they were able to paint that particular material. I spoke to a rather brusk gentleman at Rusal Construction whom during our conversation decided to map my address as we spoke, he began by telling me that my house was 1800 sq.feet and the special offer was based on a 1600 sq.ft house so the coupon was no good for me because my job would cost around $3000.00. His interest though was not on the original purpose of my call but was interested in knowing what other improvements I was anticipating around my home, he went on to ask me if I had done my floors, bathroom or kitchen yet, when I hesitantly replied no, he asked me to be very honest with him and tell him what my budget was. I told him that currently my budget was $5000.00, he immediately said that his partner would call me right back. That was 5 days ago I'm still waiting. This was certainly not the first time I had this experience with Angies List but it will be the last. I will not re-subscribe to Angies list ever again, and I suggest you think about it before you do also.

:) Thank you for the information, this should come in handy.

Beth

Check out www.bidproconnect.com, it is a 100% FREE WAY TO FIND LOCAL LEADS!! As a Project Professional, No more paying for leads, no monthly subscriptions, no hidden costs or fees. Unlimited access! Exposure to thousands of projects with no limit to number of leads, bids, or awarded jobs. With no limitations, BidProConnect allows you to be as successful as you want to be. Everything you need to find leads, communicate, bid, and be awarded jobs all in one convenient location! No need to leave your home or office, everything you need is right at your finger tips. Did I say it is free? A free place for you to advertise your business with no hidden costs or paid upgrades. Check it out at www.bidproconnect.com

Are you looking to post a project? You are able to post projects, add photos, a description, upload documents, set a closing date, communicate with new project professionals through forums and direct messages, view bids and award your project to the best project professional for your job. In addition, you can also search and filter through project professionals in your area, view their information, reviews, photos, credentials, documents, and invite the project professionals you like to bid on your project! BidProConnect gives you an easy way to find project professionals in your area, and also gives project professionals an easy way to find you, all in one place. Completing your project just got a whole lot easier!

Check it out, www.bidproconnect.com!

How Rude! This is one of the reasons i dont use any sites like this except for Seva Call.

They are reliable and fast. I never have to worry about being screwed over.

Another plus is that they are free to use so there's nothing to worry about. Try them out at sevacall.com

View more comments (2)
Review
#320246 Review #320246 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Angies list

angies list does not help at all, reviews are horribel, and the companies she reccomend such as plumbing, roofing, painting, etc... are TERRIBLE, do not use angies list... it sucks so bad, if you ever use omething like this in the future, please, please do not use angies list. people say its amazing, but i cant do *** with it, it lies, cheats, and practically serves you no different than dust. i once used it to get my roof replaced and the website offered me this company, i used it, and my roof looks no different then it did before,
Review
#319647 Review #319647 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Angies List review in Dallas, Texas: Angie's List is a Farce!

Even here they list that there is only one price for full access to their listings. But, they lie. After paying the $50+ for a year membership, and then try to find a dentist, they tell you that's another list and you must pay another $50.00. They had it discounted to $25.00, but when I signed up, that was supposed to be all I paid to use the full listings of the service. There are muiltiple lists and each carries a price. They don't tell you this until AFTER you sign up. How deceptive. This is not how to start a business relation with someone, by lying up front. Further, after I joined, the phone calls started from Angie's List asking me to give more reports. I was hounded with calls and finally cancelled the service. I'm not paying $25 just to find a dentist after I paid $50 already for what I was told was complete access. I should have told them to pay me for my reports. They use false advertising and every other deceptive trade and then USE their customers. You are a commodity, not a customer.

Review
#319040 Review #319040 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Angies List Membership

Angies list is about collecting money for angie

angies list is only about collecting money for angie, some of the worst contractors out there are paying the fee to be on angies list, angie has no idea about the quality of work these companies perform. If in doubt about a company, have them guarantee all their work,and put that guarantee on paper. If your contractor wont guarantee their work--- DONT USE THEM... You dont have to give your hard earned money away, only to find out that the company you hired off of angies list is going to cost you more trouble, and money than you thought was possible, because angie takes any bodies money,not just the good, and honest contractors...
Loss

Angies List review in Irvine, California: Angis list is a HORRIBLE COMPANY

They try to come across as one of the most trustworthy and honest. First of all it is not easy to find service providers close to where I live. I might get a lead but in the 40-50 Miles radius. I can do better than that. If you want to cancel the service the real pleasure will come to your way. No e-mail option for cancellation fax or phone only... After 25 minutes waiting on the phone I gave up and called my credit card company to get rid of their charge. By the way I have already canceled the service less than a month after I signed up for it.. Horrible...Waste of time......

You gave it less then a month? Not too bright.

Any advertising takes time to show results, anyone knows that. cancelling charges or reversing charges on a written contract is a breach of contract by you. Expect to be challenged in court on the breached contract.

Again, another deadbeat contractor unwilling to honor a contract or pay his bills. Real shocker there huh?

Check it out, www.bidproconnect.com!

angie's list sounds like such a rip off! You made a good decision to leave them.

I use Seva Call because it's free and fast.

Almost immediately i had 1-3 companies in a close radius calling me wanted ME to chose THEM. sevacall.com is a great free product...you should try it out!

View more comments (2)
Angies List Membership

Angies List review in Westminster, Colorado: Angie's list promotes defamation, lies

A client of mine published a bunch of lies as a review of my buisness(easily provable lies), I told Angies list they said too bad ,don't change THEIR MEMBERS lies. My attorny sent my client a letter staTing this was defamation, client took off lies, Angies list found out about possible lawsuit, angies list responce was to take my buisness off angies list and black ist me from being on ANGIES LIST. THEY PROMOTE DEFAMATION. Many contractors i found out don't deal with Angies list members for fear of being blackmailed to do EXTRA WORK OR GET A BAD REVIEW.

@Ken Clarke

I work an Angie's list dentist. And he's probably the WORST practitioner I know.

So yea.

I don't trust Angie's list anymore. I can't get out of this office fast enough.

Check it out, www.bidproconnect.com!

Thats Exactly right......the customers are under this impression that you WILL do more work then expected or else. Or ELSE!....or else the will post untrue complaints against your business. Mt first customer off angies did exactly that and i finished the job without payment. I have since filed a lien on the home owners property...which...she still thinks i cant do.

Angies list is a dangerous spot for your growing business. THEY WILL NOT DELETE FALSE LIES. although you can get them to cancel the account entirely.

Also

The last thing your business needs is to have your thankless customers doing your advertising for you. DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO USE YOUR BUSINESS NAME.

I called several times and they told me or typed via chat that they are not stopping the ads on RUSH Limbaugh's show. They said they want to do whatever they can to reach as many potential customers.

Whatever happened to professional responsibility? That doesn't enter into their decision.

I'M GOING TO CANCEL BUT I AM GOING TO DELETE THE REVIEWS FIRST BECAUSE THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE OWNERSHIP OF THEM AND USE THEM TO PROFIT EVEN FURTHER.

View more comments (4)