Angie's List allows consumers to shed light on bad business practices.Unfortunately, they should be added to the negative experience list.
Up until today, I was a subscriber to Angie's List since 2008 for two cities. Today I was surprised to receive a notice from PayPal that Angie's List had billed me $70 for a "renewal" subscription. I hadn't receive any notice from Angie's List, they had all my contact info, of a billing for this renewal. I immediately logged onto my Angie's List account and to my surprise found that a $70 "renewal" was charged for....a Classic Car subscription.
It also showed I had my two "regular" city renewals coming up. However, it also showed a Health subscription for both cities was attached to them.
I called the customer service line and spoke to a young lady who transferred me to another young lady to assist me. The CSR listened to my story.
She then said my record showed I was a member beginning in 2008 which was correct. Then she said that the Classic Car subscription "used to be included" with the regular subscription. They had separated it and are now charging $70 for it. Well, I told her I am a retired senior woman who has absolutely no interest in cars.
I told her I felt this was very deceptive of Angies List's management. I believe this is a betrayal of my trust in their service. They send me all kinds of emails each week about their service but never sent me one about my upcoming $70 subscription! I am sure they have thousands of people who don't check their credit card, bank, or PayPal accounts and notice these "renewals".
The people who sign up for Angie's List are looking for honest business people. I had recommended Angie's List to many people but will now warn them of this new method of splitting off a part of their service and then charging them for something they didn't request or want. My wanting the Classic Car subscription would be like the young representative I spoke with signing up for a subscription to AARP. She understood exactly what I meant.
I have received a refund of the money they took from my PayPal account and cancelled my subscriptions.
Very disappointed in them since I thought they were "one of the good guys" out there.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Subscription Renewal
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "I started borrowing a few years ago and finally decided I was done July 2016. I re-borrowed in July because they suddenly shortened the borrow time to only 25 days,..."
- "I purchased one Card from my local store in the amount of 60 dollars so my son could pay his rent. When he tried to enter the code into his..."
- "hi, We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After..."
- "I have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting, to talk to PZ regarding wrongful charges on my account. I think you only move..."
- "I dropped my car off for a diagnosis. SI called me back with the diagnosis and I decided that I would have the car towed back to my house. When..."
- " BOYD'S GUNSTOCKS. Happy to take your order and your money. When it turns out their website is not updated and it's not in stock you have to pay the cancellation..."
- "Founder of SPSREVIEWFORUM has been exposed! The founder/criminal behind SPSREVIEWFORUM is located in the Michigan area of the United States. On January 8th 2016 6:55PM (Michigan Marysville Time) she was found..."
- "The store on 3450 W Camp Wisdom in Dallas, TX is the most unprofessional place I have ever gone to. They broke the front grill of my car and failed..."
- "Glenn Dormer has Ripped me off my hard earned monies!! I regret trusting Energy Wise LED Solutions for the promises they have made to me!! I was promised that my..."