Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

My wife and I were just harassed at our home by a contractor I never even hired thanks to Angies List. I had lodged a complaint on Angies as the contractor strung us along and blew us off to make bigger money.

Our job was urgent at the time.

The contractor comes to our door and gripes that we have lost him business. I told him to leave the property then he got even more agitated and starting yelling, etc. I closed my door and he re-opened it to throw a letter inside.

Angies List says they can do nothing to prevent this guy from getting my information.

If this guy had eneded up doing something serious I doubt Angie's List would not be found liable. Just a warning that Angie's List hands out your personal information to any nutbar out there.

Comments

I have had a similar experience. I was fortunate to be able to take a harassing phone call by a contractor and he have his name on the recording after I had informed him I was recording the call.

Hi,I'm an investigative reporter - I am currently writing a piece on Angies-List. On a public forum, I do not want to go into further details, but if you could contact me that would be great.

I would be happy to pass over to you the information I have collected from other people who have been seriously mistreated.

Please email: ken101clarke@gmail.com. All the best

I've only written a few reviews on Angies List but twice they gave out my personal information to companies who both began harassing calls to us. I just got one from one company I gave an F to.

Then they keep sending me emails and I think a few calls (it's been over a long period of time) trying to get me to post more reviews and join up again. And I'm paying them for all this harassment!

Recently angies list charged my credit card for renewal that had cancelled. I was aggravated because it took 3 phone calls to get my money back.

After getting bids for services I found thatthw businesses that are members are actually sub standard and charge way more than normal. In other words businesses that need to, have to solicit business through angies list, aren't good enough to build ther business by word of mouth locally. I actually said these words to the angies list employee and the empoohed agreed.

So beware. Desperate businesses look for desperate ways to get your money