Minneapolis, Minnesota

Angie's List is a rip off. I joined and when I started to use some of the advertised deals, I was frustrated by the site and what I began to hear from the companies I was working with for various jobs.

First, I tried sending an email to the floor refinisher via the AL website and never heard back. I finally went directly to his own website and he got back to me immediately. He never got the communication from AL and he complained that people had been giving him negative reviews for poor communication that wasn't his fault.

Second, another company I just worked with told me that the "deal" I purchased was on a coupon that AL had not even contacted him about. His phone started going off at 4am from people purchasing the deal and he had no idea that AL had published the deal he had never agreed to. He had the integrity to honor it, but also told me he received $60 of the $100 I paid.

3rd, on this same "deal", it ended up costing me more money for the job going through AL, than if I had called him directly. He bids by the job. The deal had an additional upcharge for additional linear footage.

BEWARE of deals on Angie's List.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Angies List Cons: Lack of concern for clients interest, No conflict resolution skills, Empty promise.

• unsatisfied with membership