New York, New York

I have listed my business on AL for several years. I have an overall A rating.

Recently, I have been noticing that I get no calls anymore from AL members. So I went to the AL website to check it out. I enter "organizers" and only 12 (out of 200) show up. The ones that show up have A ratings and offer coupons.

I don't show up. In fact, when I type in my business name, nothing comes up! I guess this is what it has come to. If I don't offer a "deal" or pay (bribe) AL to be listed on top, then I lose.

Don't you think people know that all these deals and coupons are just a joke? If someone charges $50/hour, then they are going to say the real price is $75/hour and the deal price is $45/hour. Phooey on AL.

You're greedy and desperate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Review Listing.

Reason of review: AL works on a "bribe" basis. .

Angies List Cons: Extort money from you to keep positive reviews seen, Allowed negative reviews by people we never did work for, Lack of concern for clients interest.

Comments

We are a roofing company in NH with the SAME experience. Never renewed our storefront ad, even though we sent in the contract.

Was suspicious when we stopped getting calls/emails from AL customers.

Have tried to call sales reps who offer no explanation, don't return calls, or give us the royal run around. Pathetic.

here's a comment from the consumer side. I have used AL for years, with good results.

Just went to research for a pest control company, of which there are hundreds in my area. my results: 32. the new format is just awful, with the only search available being out of the 32 someone has decided on. on top of the new limitation, they also no longer support the Firefox browser.

apparently they could care less about those users (like myself). i'm pretty sure i'll be cancelling.