Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands.
-Angie's list was supposed to remove the review.
-Angie's list did NOT remove the review, which violates their policy.
The catch is that the Angie's list member hired be to follow another contractor.
When I got there to do the job, the work was not done by the previous contractor, and if I would do the work it would put peoples life in danger. This is a porch and deck in Chicago. I was to remove a section, and raise it when I replaced. I told the customer that I could not do it, and replaced it without raising, giving them $100 off the $1000 total for labor.
-The customer has lied in their libelous reviews online, and say I was paid in full. The payment history, through chase, proves my version.
-The customer has lied about other details.
-The city of Chicago deemed the structure "dangerous and dilapidated". The pic that I posted shows the repair work that I did, and how someone could easily fall off the roof on two sides, especially if the section is raised more than one foot. It will be like it is on "stilts". The previous contractor was supposed to build two retentions walls, and raise the roofing, so that I could raise the walkway...but they did non of that work.
-The Angie's list member began posting the libelous negative review all over the internet, following the notice that they are REQUIRED to
rebuild the structure, "Plans and architect" required.
-Angie's list did NOT accept my agreement to raise the section of the deck, and working with the customer, the city, and the new builders. I said "Yes" I will do it, but it has to be SAFE for the members tenants.
-Angie's list is keeping the NEGATIVE review, and threatening to post the members complaint in an upcoming news letter (or whatever you call their little publication).
-I've filed complaints with an Attorney who is looking into a class action lawsuit.
-By doing this, Angie's list is superseding Chicago law, and putting contractors life, career, and freedom in jeopardy. If I do the work and someone falls off and dies, I will be worse off than not complying with Angie's List. However the alternative, to have a one-sided version of a negative review (that is libelous) posted for all to read, is not acceptable either.
-Angie's list has a history of bullying the little guy.
If you have a similar story (Especially, regarding "the big deal" or any other billing/monetary "issues" with Angie's List), please use information published (not sure what appears after posting) to contact me.
Otherwise, post a review HERE, with the title "class action law-suit against Angie's List"
More Review Details
What I liked
- This is about angies list
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Angies list is overstepping their authority, which would put lives at risk
- Preferred solution:
- Angie's list might destroy my reputation and company over my "safety concern" that was validated by the city of Chicago. Angie's list should follow their policy and remove the negative review, and reimburse me for tort payment.
- Product or service
- Angies List Deck Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "No, but u can tell u about a home renovation company not to trust: Widell Renovations. They have never completed the reno of my bathroom that they began in..."
- " I purchased a Submariner LV from Tswisswatches.com. They are in Taiwan, the owner goes by 'Edde'. They promised a grade 1 replica with genuine swiss eta movement, and a..."
- "Michael Louis Stokes Jr is a man that wears many hats. He is running from a lot of people in the Southern California area for ripping them off in..."
- "I purchased a blue and white floral dress online. Money was taken out of my account. I watched my mailbox for months witing for it to arrive and it never..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "The typical U.S. consumer is not the smartest person on the planet; with average IQs that barely suffice in typical high schools, the average Joe is inevitably forced to indulge..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."