Angies List - Angie's list siding with "criminals"?
Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands.
-Angie's list was supposed to remove the review.
-Angie's list did NOT remove the review, which violates their policy.
The catch is that the Angie's list member hired be to follow another contractor.
When I got there to do the job, the work was not done by the previous contractor, and if I would do the work it would put peoples life in danger. This is a porch and deck in Chicago. I was to remove a section, and raise it when I replaced. I told the customer that I could not do it, and replaced it without raising, giving them $100 off the $1000 total for labor.
-The customer has lied in their libelous reviews online, and say I was paid in full. The payment history, through chase, proves my version.
-The customer has lied about other details.
-The city of Chicago deemed the structure "dangerous and dilapidated". The pic that I posted shows the repair work that I did, and how someone could easily fall off the roof on two sides, especially if the section is raised more than one foot. It will be like it is on "stilts". The previous contractor was supposed to build two retentions walls, and raise the roofing, so that I could raise the walkway...but they did non of that work.
-The Angie's list member began posting the libelous negative review all over the internet, following the notice that they are REQUIRED to
rebuild the structure, "Plans and architect" required.
-Angie's list did NOT accept my agreement to raise the section of the deck, and working with the customer, the city, and the new builders. I said "Yes" I will do it, but it has to be SAFE for the members tenants.
-Angie's list is keeping the NEGATIVE review, and threatening to post the members complaint in an upcoming news letter (or whatever you call their little publication).
-I've filed complaints with an Attorney who is looking into a class action lawsuit.
-By doing this, Angie's list is superseding Chicago law, and putting contractors life, career, and freedom in jeopardy. If I do the work and someone falls off and dies, I will be worse off than not complying with Angie's List. However the alternative, to have a one-sided version of a negative review (that is libelous) posted for all to read, is not acceptable either.
-Angie's list has a history of bullying the little guy.
If you have a similar story (Especially, regarding "the big deal" or any other billing/monetary "issues" with Angie's List), please use information published (not sure what appears after posting) to contact me.
Otherwise, post a review HERE, with the title "class action law-suit against Angie's List"
More Review Details
What I liked
- This is about angies list
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Angies list is overstepping their authority, which would put lives at risk
- Preferred solution:
- Angie's list might destroy my reputation and company over my "safety concern" that was validated by the city of Chicago. Angie's list should follow their policy and remove the negative review, and reimburse me for tort payment.
- Product or service
- Angies List Deck Repair
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Escort / Body Rub Provider, goes by Connie 480-579-5503 is a Total RIPOFF. Photos are FAKE and not even a close representation of her. She wasn't on time. She is..."
- "THIS Company is advertised with 4 Wheel parts, you know quality and service is substandard, as the RECALL DEPICTS.COMPLAINT AGENCIEShttp://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfmhttps://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx Make : TRUXXX Model : 108035 Build..."
- "I had a bad experience with Toytec. The 550 coils were warping in towards the shock body til it looked like they might rub, so Doug sent replacement springs, which..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "We purchased a three piece sectional and the extended 5 yr. warranty. However, all pieces are tearing at the seams and Harlem refuses to stand behind their product. It..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "NEVER WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. After supporting a local (ILLINOIS) company for years, our family has made a decision to never shop at SEARS again. The customer service..."