Valrico, Florida

On Aug 24, I purchased a house cleaning "Big Deal" from Angies List that was sent to me by Angies List in an email. On the Big Deal ad

Angies List stated that the company would contact me within forty eight hours.

It is Sept. 9 and I have had no contact. I have emailed Angies List at least twice to tell them that I haven't had a contact. They sent me the email address of the service provider.

The cleaning company hasn't responded to my email or calls either. When I asked Angie for a refund, they told me to give the cleaning co. more time.????? I've cleaned the house by now.

The Big Deal was NOT as advertised and I have received no customer service satisfaction from Angies List.

I do not consider Angies Big Deals anything but a farce at this time. I don't know if they don't get the information to their subcontractors or if the subcontractors don't care but either way, I am out $199.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

I got ripped off for $1499 for a "Big Deal" on Angie's List. It's rating system doesn't seem to any longer be for the benefit of the consumer, but instead for the contractors who pay to be on their list. I've bought several "Deals" promoted by Angie's List and all have been far less than quality, as indicated by the "A" rating on Angie's List.