ANGIES LIST-DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT WHEN YOUR BIG DEAL GOES SOUTH
I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive.I bought the coupon in February, the work started in March, demolition.
By the end of May, nothing but demolition had been done, my toilet was sitting in my master bedroom, the contractor kept asking for more and more money, and the subcontractor disappeared without a trace, leaving nothing behind but a huge mess. A second inexperienced subcontractor came in to finish the work. He also made a huge mess, broke my handmade ceramic tile, installed the tiles crooked, I told him to leave at the end of the week, and never come back. I told the contractor that I intended to take him to small claims court, he said "Go ahead, you won't get anything, I filed bankruptcy, Google it!!" He had filed bankruptcy in September of 2013, I bought my Big Deal Coupon from this Angies List Super Service Provider in February of 2014.
When I went to Angies List for support, they asked him for his side of the story. He basically said I wanted a total bathroom remodel, which was a lie, and that he did not owe me anything. So Angies List said it was out of their hands, directed me towards BBB, and offered me a Free Year of Angies List. I told them that not only did I not want a free year, I no longer even wanted to be a subscriber, to cancel my account.
Angies List makes money off of these Big Deals, they did not offer me a refund on their cut, and they just basically said, "that would be a problem between you and him." So now I have hired a reputable tile setter to repair, replace, and finish the mess that my bathroom became. I have posted pictures on another website.
Angies List has turned in Big Business, not your local neighborly recommendation from someone who knows.I am done.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of support
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bathroom Remodel
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- "Extremely disappointed with their rude attitude! So, I guess their policy is your NOT going to buy to get out of their stores?? I was shopping for a hot tub..."
- "I was looking to get a fishing lure subscription as a gift for the holidays and i stumbled across a website called Lucky Tackle Box. I looked on their website..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer. My call went to iYogi. I didn't..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."