Product: Angies List Gold Membership Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (1 of 4 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Rating:

Angies List - Not enough ROI and advertising hole

2.8
I run a computer service business and wanted to increase business with homeowners in my area. I told the representative specifically what I would expect as far as leads per week. The representative gave their pitch and assured me that my expectations were well within reach of market potential. He said similar businesses were getting that kind of return and that once signed up they would exceed my specific expectations. I wanted to believe him and the perceived "Angieslist" reputation. I signed up for the mandatory 12 month contract. I normally don't do 12 month contracts for advertising because... well, the return on investment rarely is profitable. This was no exception. I spent waaaayyyyy more money than I received back. In 12 months I acquired 4 customers. I earned 10% what I paid to Angieslist. This was after numerous campaigns and following the advice of my "personal" Angieslist representative. This was not the kind of return I told my representative I expected. It was another hard lesson for me to learn and I hope that if you're reading this you don't make the same mistake with Angieslist. If you do, you've been warned. My contract was from Oct 2016 to Oct 2017.
Review
Service
Angies List Gold Membership
Cons
  • False claims
Reason of review