Frank Ryan contracted to add room to our house. Took money ($33,000+) but did not finish job. Work was started in Sept 2014 and is not complete. We have talked to a lawyer, filed a police report, and filed a complaint to Mississippi State board of Contractors. He had NO license, NO permit. He had someone else sign the permit. The State Board had both the men agree to finish the work. The man that had the permit has been working on the room, using his workers and his money to finish the room. Frank Ryan has only been here a few times, maybe 8 hours total. He will not return calls from us or person with permit. We were not the first and not the last that he has cheated. Frank Ryan should be stopped. Please take his name off Angie's List so no one else will be swindled. He should not be recommended.

If we have to go to court our lawyer will file 3 charges, fraud, embezzlement, and abuse of elderly.

If more documentation is needed we can furnish dates of Ryan's work, copies of checks(hard copies -- we are not very good at the computer). We also have pictures of his work and more stories of holes in roof, water damage to furniture, books, carpet, ceiling, and fabric(in sewing room), also electricity has been cut off of one room since work was started.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Davis

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of angies list local business advertisement from Angies List. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Angies List to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Angies List for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Yes I am the aforementioned. In all fairness,this is 1 side.

First, I never misled this couple. I had done several other jobs for them prior. Under handymanI can go on and on on on each of the highlights but the bottom line is ,I did the excavation, the slab,the framing,the roof and rough in plumbing. I was out of town when the blacked in roof did leak.

I immediately went to their home when I got back. All negative but not stating I was in the rain for hours pumping water for them for to their landscaping. Sadly, I am human and bottom line was they were unhappy amd and I was fined. I regret it all and apologize.

The contractor knew first as i reported all to him.

And gave him 5000 for being contractor. So can we get this off of tge web