State: California Clear all filters (43 of 669 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Angies List review in Los Angeles, California: Misrepresented the advertizing service. deifite rip off

it is to many details to write here, just know that they are unscrupulos and a definite ripoff company. they verbally promised that there service would generate lots of business (generated absolutely no business) and it didnt come close to other internet companys (at 1/3 the price) who you dont make you have to sign a 1 year contract with either. once in they have their claws into you and will not let go. i would NEVER use the service to advertize or to find a company, EVER. and i am currently taking them to small claims court for the shady practices

THEY ALSO TRIED TO ALSO GAVE US THE BIG PROMISE OF MORE BUISNESS , THIS COMPANY ALSO CLAIMS NOT TO CHARGE THEIR CLIENTS, YET WHEN WE ASKED OUR OWN PERSONAL CLIENTS TO GO CHECK US OUT ON ANGIES LIST THEY SAID THEY TRIED BUT THEY COMPANY TRIED TO CHARGE THEM TOO. ANGIE NEEDS TO STOP HER FALSE ADVERTISMENT ON HER TV ADDS. RIPP OFF, YOUR ONLY AN A+ CONTRACTOR WITH ANGIES LIST IF YOUR PAYING THEM TO SAY THAT.

View more comments (1)
Review
we joined angie's list because of a disastrous experience we had with our kitchen remodel. after joining, we were looking through angie's list and found our lousy contractor listed. he had changed the name of his company but everything else was the same. ...

To bad we all must get burned first before we come here.

View more comments

Angies List review in Los Angeles, California: Unlicensed contractors

Subscribed to Angies list to find that many of the highest rated contractors where not even licensed. These people are being bragged about and are operating illegally. I called Angies list and told them I wanted to cancel my subscription because of this and they said it was not there job to require Lic.#s in the reviews. Then had trouble getting them to cancel and refund for the renewal. I said they could at least recommend to people to check contractors lic.#s with the contractors lic. board and they again told me they are not required to do that.

I wish I had read this first. I ordered some concrete steps from a company in Lakeland Florida called Flrida Precast Concrete.

I have a $200 deposit to the owner, Irv Manroel. That was my mistake, he never delivered the steps and refused to give my money back. This company was listed with Angies List. I reported Florida Precast Concrete to the Better Business Bureau.

The company refused to respond to the either. Learned a hard lesson.

Thank you so much for this airtlce, it saved me time!

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. In fact, Angie's List does routinely audit licensing information and we take unlicensed contractors very seriously.

We've published several articles in The Angie's List Magazine encouraging our members to always verify license and insurance before they hire.

I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to prevent this from happening again. If you'd like to email me the name of the company, please do so at casandram (at) angieslist (dot) com.

View more comments (2)