State: California City: Los Angeles Product: Angies List Membership Clear all filters (1 of 162 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Angies List in Los Angeles, California - Unlicensed contractors

Subscribed to Angies list to find that many of the highest rated contractors where not even licensed. These people are being bragged about and are operating illegally. I called Angies list and told them I wanted to cancel my subscription because of this and they said it was not there job to require Lic.#s in the reviews. Then had trouble getting them to cancel and refund for the renewal. I said they could at least recommend to people to check contractors lic.#s with the contractors lic. board and they again told me they are not required to do that.

I wish I had read this first. I ordered some concrete steps from a company in Lakeland Florida called Flrida Precast Concrete.

I have a $200 deposit to the owner, Irv Manroel. That was my mistake, he never delivered the steps and refused to give my money back. This company was listed with Angies List. I reported Florida Precast Concrete to the Better Business Bureau.

The company refused to respond to the either. Learned a hard lesson.

Thank you so much for this airtlce, it saved me time!

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. In fact, Angie's List does routinely audit licensing information and we take unlicensed contractors very seriously.

We've published several articles in The Angie's List Magazine encouraging our members to always verify license and insurance before they hire.

I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to prevent this from happening again. If you'd like to email me the name of the company, please do so at casandram (at) angieslist (dot) com.

View more comments (2)