State: California City: Whittier Clear all filters (1 of 669 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Angies List review in Whittier, California: False advertising

Update by user Dec 05, 2014

As a follow up to my November 5 post, I tried the same Google search and got a similar link from Angies List, claiming that "59 Hypnotherapy are in Whittier." I didn't bother to log in to check the locations. My conclusion stands: Angie's List may be okay for plumbers or painters, but probably not good for niche service providers.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2014

I searched for hypnotherapist in my city using Google, and a link to Angie's List came up. The page read "57 Hypnotherapy are in [city]" and "4 Hypnotherapy in [city] are top rated." Well, I knew there weren't 57 hypnotherapists in my city, but I figured they would list some who were in nearby cities. After paying both the basic membership fee and an additional fee to use the healthcare list, I discovered that most of the listings were very far away -- too far to be practical for visiting, say, once a week. In addition, the list of "top rated" people included an acting coach. That acting coach may use hypnosis in coaching, but that doesn't make him/her a hypnotherapist. Angie's list may be useful if you're looking for a house painter or plumber, but I recommend you do NOT sign up just to use it to search for more specialized services.
Review