State: Colorado City: Grand Junction Clear all filters (1 of 666 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

Angies List review in Grand Junction, Colorado: Angie's List is no better than other scam sites.

I signed up for Angie's List months ago to check it out. They had no listings within 50 miles of me, and when I entered my address I was told I lived in the smallest of 4 communities within our county. Then, I was inundated with emails. When I went to unsubscribe, the button mysteriously glitched everytime I moused over it. Upon seeking to cancel my account, I found out I had to call or email them. I emailed, requesting that my account be deleted. I was told that my account "would not be renewed" and that since their email lists are "prepopulated" (read: sold to third parties), I might continue to receive emails. I'm currently waiting to find out if my account is going to be canceled, or if it's going to remain "active" in their database for another 5 months so that they can get advertising dollars off of their number of users. Even when you don't have to pay for it, it's a scam.

Do not believe them. I don't know what method you used to pay them, but they will try to put the charge through.

You need to call the credit card company or your bank and talk to them. Get the person's name you talked to and then follow it up in an email or letter.

I used PayPal on my payment and they were very good.

They followed up with an email to me too.

Review