State: Colorado City: Platteville Clear all filters (1 of 666 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

Angies List review in Platteville, Colorado: Angie's list screwed me too!

I never thought that a company had to "steal" your money. I in no way authorized a renewal for Angie's list. Too bad that they're such vultures to stay afloat. Paypal sent me a receipt for $13.06 saying automatic renewal and when I logged in somehow that amount grew to $27.20....WTF. I never saw anything about renewal just being stolen from you. What a crock. Thought people were generally "good", not so much I guess. Life lesson? Bad Company? Maybe they should be on their own list. Just bad practice for us hard-working red-blooded American's just trying to survive and not get screwed by bad people.....
Viaan

The site is a scam....businesses can buy off negative comments.....defeating the purpose of the site.....

I was thinking about joining Angie's List and actually started the enrollment process. Before completing the enrollment I actually read the terms and conditions.

Two items caused me to stop the process. One was the automatic enrollment provision. The other was a system of fines that could be imposed on users ranging from $1K to $10K. No thanks.

Angie's list does a good job of marketing but it pays to read the fine print. I will not do business with this company.

I don't think they are honest and dependable.

I had the same issue - never contacted they just renewed automatically. I never once found a contractor in our area or one that was worth using.

WHen I called to cancel they gave a whole sale pitch to try and keep me - I just kept saying no and I removed all payment info from the system so that can't mistakenly bill me again for this useless service. :(

View more comments (2)