Chevy Chase, Maryland

When I first joined Angie's List it was for a discounted fee, because I was new to the area and looking at many doctors. After I joined, I found out that my membership did not include the "health" lists. So I contacted them to cancel my subscription, because I had no use for anything but the healthcare reviews.

They refunded my money and offered a change to the health list only. So I was able to review doctors. Unfortunately no one I looked up was present on the AL site. So all this was useless to me.

I later received ads that AL was now free for everyone (or offering a free basic membership.) I assumed that IF my account would be renewed that it would be free, and that they would inform me when time to renew. I got no messages.

Today I got my credit card bill with a charge for $9.99 from AL. Dismayed, I logged on to find out that my membership was indeed set to "manual renew" so there's no reason they should have automatically charged me. It was also set to renew a $24.99 plan, so the 9.99 charge was completely arbitrary. I opened a live chat, the rep said they are sorry and would refund my account. And of course tried to set me up with more. I told them to cancel all services. And just to be safe, I filled out the form after the chat as well.

This service was so much trouble. There are free reviews all over the internet, I will stick with those, and world of mouth.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments