Flagstaff, Arizona
Resolved

Update by user Jun 04, 2016

Update: After filing a complaint with the BBB, Angie's List provided a full refund, in addition to letting me use the site free for the rest of the year (though I don't foresee that I will).

Original review posted by user May 13, 2016

I joined in Jan 2016 but a month later the website location search functionality disappeared. I would get nothing but lists of business names and clicking on anyone of them could yield a business in another city or near me - no way to tell without clicking on every business individually.

Called to complain - on hold for >15 minutes. Hung up and sent an email. Response to email said they were working on the issue and in the mean time I could call for assistance findings local services. Really?

I can call? On be on hold for ridiculous amounts of time only to, what? Have someone read me a list?! A month later the website issue was still not fixed.

Called again. On hold>12 minutes. Hung up and initiated chat where the rep cheerily informed me that I cannot cancel my current membership - I can only choose not to renew it.

So I basically paid $60 (had to pay extra for a second location which also was a ripoff) for a service that was only useful for 1 month.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Website.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Angies List Cons: Cannot cancel membership if dissatisfied.

Comments