Angie's list is now only showing recent reviews. I had a horrible experience with a company in 2015 and they never published the review. The company ad was for upgraded GFI and 3 prongs for my older partially upgraded house all he wanted to do was upgrade my electrical panel even though I had had it upgraded. The company said that it would catch on fire. Of course being a single older woman the guy said all sorts of things and his younger assistant seemed embarassed about the behavior of the owner and the assistant did a great job. He upgraded many outlets well unfortunately the owner was so mad that i didn't want to upgrade the panel that the work he did I had to call him back. Again the lights and outlets did not work in the two bathroom. The home warranty company electrician repaired it within 5 minutes and told me that two bathrooms which were the most important.

Not only this, to add insult to injury, he told me that my hot water heater needed grounding. i called the town inspector who told me that if it did he would do it. Ideal Solar wanted to charge me $130 and the inspector laughed. He said it takes one second. When he inspected it he said it did not need grounding. Ideal Solar owner said that it would be an electrical hazard if I did not do it I wrote this all up in June of 2015 gave them an F and it appeared then was removed.

In addition the Town of Danville inspector took a picture of the installation saying that he had never seen such a great job in the way Superior Plumbing installed the water heater. Also I sold my house in late 2016 and the electrical panels passed all inspetions passed all inspections!

I looked them up today on Angie's list and they had all A's and only showed the 3 most recent reviews. Horrible company looking for unsuspecting people single women and people that do not know about contractors. I had my friend with me at the time who works with contractors back east in her design business and she recognized this for what it was.

His wife however let me reschedule appointments when I was ill and was very nice. He just wants to upsell and gets upset when you just do the deal and do not do the standard tasks. I would not recommend this company and it is absolutely the worst I have ever used on Angie's list. They were good in the recession and are good in slow times when high level contractors like (Christmas or winter) tend not to be so busy. Otherwise, stay away and stick with ones that you know not ones that make a living only conning non-handy folks on Angie's list. (Angie's list used to show full reviews not just 3 out of hundreds)!

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Construction Review Listing.

Reason of review: hiding reviews of bad company .

Preferred solution: been with angie's for years not the same place. time to revamp.

Comments