1.8

I came to the website to see if other people were aware of Angie's is Mathematically challenged rating scale. I became aware after discovering that a company I hired was active but had many F's for lying about pricing (as they had done to me), the bad companies employee privately admitted that owner always raised the price after work was done, telling the customer that they confused his quote with another business.

I asked Angie's to explain why this unethical business had an A rating. I was told that they had a lot of A's and B's and C's etc. but since they had more A's than F's and D's, that it worked out in grade school that would be a C grade as anyone with experience with division will tell you. I said that depends on how you calculate it based on median, mean or average - the rep was lost and just repeated the spiel.

I tried to explain but just heard the spiel again. I gave up -I passed Calculus and handled a $50 million budget - don't BS me, Angie! *The worst thing is you can't read reviews - only the last 3 posted. You must speak to a representative and ask about the number of D's and F's.

I was told by customer service they can't see the reviews - um, I don't think so...* Likewise, a different company that ripped me off approx.

8 years earlier is on their list with an A rating and I asked and sure enough lots of F's. I rate Angie's an F for lying which based on New Math would be an A on their site...

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Website.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Angies List Cons: False claims, Inability to see all rankings and reviews, Continue to recommend businesses who abuse customer trust.

• Angies List Fraud

Comments

Fair warning, you will find a renewal charge on your account, even years later. Best to just cancel the credit card. This is the worst rip-off company that I have encountered.