Angies List - I'm a licensed contractor, Angie's list is a ***

We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After a full hour of listening to the sales rep, we decided to go ahead with the program. After signing up, he said to expect a few calls from the staff. Well the staff called and asked if we had any previous Angie List customers, we reply YES 2 CUSTOMERS. The agent claimed that it was required to have a minimum of 4 , and started to pounding me to call my other customers to become Angie List members, get 2 more reviews so i can qualify. I said I 'm not calling my customers to join Angies List.

The next week they creatively doubled my 2 reviews to 4 by claiming they were interior and exterior paint projects. Wa La!. Anyhow as time went by 4 months. only 1 job lead came our way, and when i said i was cancelling the program they threatened me with a lawsuit, and still to this day, demand there money. There'll lie through there teeth , totally unprofessional, most of the contractors associated with them are amateur's. .. Same as yelp, they know nothing about contractors, and the reviews are weak.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Misleading representation
    • Lied about leads
    • Denied responsibility for lack luster results

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Angies List Leads
Review category
review #709898 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Angies List? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Angies List. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Angies List.
Filing a new complaint about