We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After a full hour of listening to the sales rep, we decided to go ahead with the program. After signing up, he said to expect a few calls from the staff. Well the staff called and asked if we had any previous Angie List customers, we reply YES 2 CUSTOMERS. The agent claimed that it was required to have a minimum of 4 , and started to pounding me to call my other customers to become Angie List members, get 2 more reviews so i can qualify. I said I 'm not calling my customers to join Angies List.
The next week they creatively doubled my 2 reviews to 4 by claiming they were interior and exterior paint projects. Wa La!. Anyhow as time went by 4 months. only 1 job lead came our way, and when i said i was cancelling the program they threatened me with a lawsuit, and still to this day, demand there money. There'll lie through there teeth , totally unprofessional, most of the contractors associated with them are amateur's. .. Same as yelp, they know nothing about contractors, and the reviews are weak.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Misleading representation
- Lied about leads
- Denied responsibility for lack luster results
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Angies List Leads
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Short recap of horrors. The host showed up 4 hours late to meet us and gain entry to the apt. We had spent $100+ in intl phone costs in trying..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "Anyone should do the same, complaints to the Federal Trade Commission and FBI. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Sps Review Forum Scam - complaint to..."
- "I ordered my free trial; within 24 hours was warned about the Autoship (didn't see that in the terms but I didn't read them that closely. my bad) I emailed..."
- "I called in May 2016 regarding a rate of 3.5% on a 30 year fixed, no closing costs. "Oh, you own a rental property that is 100% paid for,..."
- "How the ever loving *** am I supposed to wear two left boots. I understand it was a clearance item but this bulls*** is RIDICULOUS. No exchanges or refunds on..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."