I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List.I did not accept and as a result I abruptly cancelled my Angie's List membership.

I had turned a skeptical eye towards negative comments I previously read about AL, but now I have tangible proof that some of their contractor reviews may be tainted.

I personally think the Angie's List model is fundamentally flawed and wide open to abuse of this nature.Like many other internet operations, I suspect the real business of AL is data collection.

Review about: Angies List Membership.

Had an Experience with Angies List?

Comments

That is an unethical company, has nothing to do with Angie's List.btw, that is grounds for being removed from AL, so hope you reported them.

A business can ask for an honest review, but not ask to compensate for it.

Letgo - Reviewer that lied Letgo "I had a customer that offered $30 for a product I was selling for $65, I told hem the lowest I would go is $60...it was a michael kors wallet......" Read more FriendlyDuck -  Friendly Duck Affiliates / Usenet.Nl Scam Copyright Abuses, Links to Fraudulent Usenet.Nl sign up pages, DMCA complaints, unethical behaviour, supporting online consumer fraud FriendlyDuck "Friendly Duck Affiliates are reported for abusing authors works and hosting multiple links to Usenet.Nl. I am an author and filed 100+ DMCA takedown requests with Google on many pages..." Read more ANGIES LIST-DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT WHEN YOUR BIG DEAL GOES SOUTH Angies List "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..." Read more Yelp - Disgraceful Website Company Yelp "I have been a professional Photographer now for 3 decades. Member of the Professional Photographers of America. In this business as with any other business there are those customers who..." Read more The Childrens Place - Racial profiling The Childrens Place "Today I was giving the most horrible customer service experience. Early today I called to put 2 items on hold prior to my visit to pick up later. During my..." Read more Ryan Homes - Poor workmanship Ryan Homes "Reason 1000 why you should never buy a home built by Dan Ryan. Had a pipe burst in the kitchen and when the corner cabinet was removed this what we..." Read more Guardsman - The worst shopping experience of my life Guardsman "I am extremely let down by Guardsman and Nebraska Furniture Mart. I feel very taken advantage of. I saved money to purchase a leather sectional and purchased the protection plan...." Read more Waffle House - Egregious service by WH employees to a 30 yr service veteran Waffle House "On or about, 9/22/2017, between 4-5pm, I visited the Georgia State University Waffle House located at 100 Piedmont Ave SE, Atlanta GA 30303. Upon visiting the store, I noticed an..." Read more