Phoenix, Arizona

I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List.I did not accept and as a result I abruptly cancelled my Angie's List membership.

I had turned a skeptical eye towards negative comments I previously read about AL, but now I have tangible proof that some of their contractor reviews may be tainted.

I personally think the Angie's List model is fundamentally flawed and wide open to abuse of this nature.Like many other internet operations, I suspect the real business of AL is data collection.

Review about: Angies List Membership.

Had an Experience with Angies List?

Comments

red01

That is an unethical company, has nothing to do with Angie's List.btw, that is grounds for being removed from AL, so hope you reported them.

A business can ask for an honest review, but not ask to compensate for it.

Review about Angies List Fence Repair from Cocoa Beach, Florida Angies List "Aaa quality fence is on Angie list. They did not fulfill their contract on my fence. Did not use galvanized nails per contract. The rust was dripping down my new..." Read more Backpage - Beautiful natural redhead for sensual massage!! (Incall only) - 25 (Pittsburgh outcall/incall south hills) Backpage "This ad is a SCAM & RIP-OFF ARTIST! See what happened to me below… "Let me make your day with a sensual massage you wont forget! Relax and unwind while..." Read more Angies List Widell Renovations Bathroom Remodeling Review from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma Angies List "No, but u can tell u about a home renovation company not to trust: Widell Renovations. They have never completed the reno of my bathroom that they began in..." Read more Angies List - Review about Carpet Cleaning from Kismet, Kansas Angies List "Order carpet cleaning service through AngiesList. When carpet company called, they said it would be almost double what I had already paid upfront through AngiesList. I canceled order..." Read more Home Depot - Delivery Home Depot "On July 9th I purchased $1700.00 worth of stuff from Home Depot I asked could I pick it up on July 15th at 9:00 A.M. They said yes. On pick..." Read more Backpage - Stalking outrages and sending pics of other females Backpage "He first started texting my friend's phone sending pictures of money and saying he's staying in a hotel and would pay her more money than asked she didn't feel comfortable..." Read more Royal Loan Funding - LOANS MADE EASY, APPLY NOW TO GET ONE IN MINUTES!! Royal Loan Funding "Are you in search of a reputable lender or are you tired of being rejected by banks or are you tired of looking for money for your business, or you..." Read more Avasflowers - No flowers delivered, no refund of payment Avasflowers "I ordered a $62.93 bouquet for a funeral on 2/25/17, online. Received call the following day saying there was no truck available to make the delivery, so I cancelled the..." Read more