I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List.I did not accept and as a result I abruptly cancelled my Angie's List membership.
I had turned a skeptical eye towards negative comments I previously read about AL, but now I have tangible proof that some of their contractor reviews may be tainted.
I personally think the Angie's List model is fundamentally flawed and wide open to abuse of this nature.Like many other internet operations, I suspect the real business of AL is data collection.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Monetary Incentive
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a pair of Sketcher Twinkle Toes Shuffle shoes for my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter who is visiting me for Christmas. Anyone familiar with these shoes know that..."
- "The creation process of the ecard collage was seamless and impressive. However I discovered the ecard arrives with a "send a gift" button. I had purchased a subscription with the..."
- "Fabtech has a substantial amount of Product Safety Recalls that could lead to LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL COULD LEAD TO A VEHICLE CRASH WITH POTENTIAL INJURY OR DEATH. Make :..."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "People on our street have asked you more than once to please force the gentleman and his wife at 203 E Walcott Lake Drive to take down their Christmas lights..."
- "Just heard the sound comming from ohiovalleymusic's rolling jukebox..wowwwwwwwwww over 20 speakers lots of wonderful sound no matter what kind of music u want to hear...heard them at a setup..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."