Phoenix, Arizona

I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List.I did not accept and as a result I abruptly cancelled my Angie's List membership.

Related: Angies List - Gift Card Scam

I had turned a skeptical eye towards negative comments I previously read about AL, but now I have tangible proof that some of their contractor reviews may be tainted.

I personally think the Angie's List model is fundamentally flawed and wide open to abuse of this nature.Like many other internet operations, I suspect the real business of AL is data collection.

Review about: Monetary Incentive.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Angies List Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Angies List?

Comments

red01

That is an unethical company, has nothing to do with Angie's List.btw, that is grounds for being removed from AL, so hope you reported them.

A business can ask for an honest review, but not ask to compensate for it.

Angies List - Angie's list siding with "criminals"? Angies List "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..." Read more Angies List - Angie's list is a scam Angies List "There should be a class action lawsuit started against Angie's List. 1) The site incorrectly charged me when i signed up. The sign up walks you through one price,..." Read more Gastric Bypass Alternative - ALERT! Beware of Gastric.care and Don Juravin new invention called "Night Magic Pill" Gastric Bypass Alternative "Consumers should beware of internet qaucks who spew out medical advice to people who need real medical care from real medical professionals who were trained properly. Now comes again before..." Read more Custom Solution - Title of your Testimonial Custom Solution "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, tempor donec. Magna eu sollicitudin, a pulvinar ac, sollicitudin amet. Velit vitae dis. Bibendum delectus suscipit, erat purus, felis a. Nec felis turpis, dolor id...." Read more Guess - Poor quality bags that is not worth even $10 Guess "Absolutely horrible quality bag. The handles were peeling off within one week of use. I was very surprised given that they are supposed to a well known brand. I have..." Read more Hayward Pool Products - Pump failed after being run for three months Hayward Pool Products "I purchased a Hayward pump and filter four years ago and before I could use it a tree fell on my aboveground pool and deck. Not having the pool inured,..." Read more Everbuying - Everything arrived fast and in great condition, all good. Everbuying "I have just received the products i have ordered from Everbuying. I have no issues, everything is in good condition and corresponds the description on the site. Ordered a smartphone..." Read more Claires - Getting both ears pierced with two piercings Claires "I went to Claire's in west gate mall to get my ears pierced for graduation and when the lady pierced my 2nd hole on my left ear she didn't put..." Read more