State: Illinois Product: Angies List Membership Clear all filters (4 of 162 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Angies List in Greenville, Illinois - BEWARE WHEN SUBSCRIBING TO ANGIE'S LIST

They require you to subscribe and sign up for automatic renewal. Yesterday without any notification they charged my paypal account. I did not receive any text message or email message of any sort. When I called to cancel they offered me a 25% discount on my membership but it would not be effective until April 7, 2016. I asked and they refused to refund any part of my subscription fees for the coming year. I inquired as to how this happened and they said automatic renewal is a requirement of initial membership. I was ripped off by Angie's List, not a good company to do business with policies like this.

File a dispute with Paypal and, if necessary, with your credit card company. There is no such requirement in many states.

Angies List Membership
Cons
  • Renewal and refund policies
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Membership Dues
  • Account Renewal

Angies List in Elmhurst, Illinois - Pay or die.

I didn't even know I was on it until I had a new client call who found me there. I received a number of calls and good reviews and Super Service Award two years in a row. I think it may have been when they were first starting out. Since I do not pay their fees to up my place in results I have found myself getting almost zero calls from Angies subscribers. It seems from the last one I heard from, Angies makes it almost impossible for their subscribers to just narrow results to close to home. Instead she said that only the services that pay for placement pop up. I refuse to pay their bribes to have my name found and feel their subscribers are not getting all the options available. You SHOULD NOT have to pay this service to have your company found by a potential client that is doing a geographical search for a provider close to their home!

Had the same offer from a-list and they keep calling. They want me to pay even though they said I already had good revJews.

You Contractors keep complaining like crybabies! This is America and you know what is a Scam Pal Obamacare, paying higher taxes for Illegals and Entitlement Takers, and outright Big Govt Takeover!

How's that for a Scam. Why your thinking about this. Paying $9,10 per person at the Movies and even more at the concession stand is a real ripoff! There's Angies List where you pay, then there's Home Advisors which is Free.

The Economy is hurting everyone. Don't blame Angie Hicks blame your Politicians!

View more comments (1)
Angies List Membership

Angies List in Palos Park, Illinois - Angie's List has deceptive billing practices.

In October of 2013 Angie's List tried to obtain (unbeknownst to me) a $28 renewal fee from my PayPal account; however there was only $14.50 in the account. I guess the account was linked to my checking account at my local bank because PayPal took out the additional needed to pay the renewal, all unknown to me. (My PayPal account is linked to an occasionally used email address I have). When I found this out months later after trying to tap into my PayPal account and having no balance, I tried to cancel my Angie's List membership. Rather than allow a cancellation over the internet, they require you to talk to a service representative, just as if you were trying to cancel your AOL (remember?) No thanks, Angie!
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Angies List in Chicago, Illinois - Ripp off

Had a subscription for a 1 yr and they did nothing but bug with emails for reviews on people that I saved but never used on their site. Also they never contacted me via email saying my time was to renew was close and just charged my account what were they afraid to ask cuz I would cancel. I do not feel that this is worth the money. No great deals or contractors. What is this neighbor *** either you use someone or you don't all they want is your money and when I cancelled never asked why? You would think they would want to better their service
Review
#502010 Review #502010 is a subjective opinion of poster.