State: Michigan Product: Angies List Commercial Clear all filters (1 of 6 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Angies List in Livonia, Michigan - Angie's commercial

It seems to me that just a few short years ago Angie's commercial was much different. She seemed to end each one with "no company can pay to be on Angie's list" Yet it seems that that is all they are about now, advertising. I think "truth in advertising" should pertain to everyone, especially those the profess honesty, but clearly are not. How can anyone believe in a company that says they are the stop gap between contractors and consumers when they are just as deceptive as the bad contractors they represent. Do we know if this Angie is even the real owner or just a paid actor like Flo on the progressive commercial?

As an honest business (no longer in operation), I saw over the years, that to the contractor, they were quite aggressive as opposed to their beginnings, trying to solicit advertising money in various forms (skirting the rules), and basically negating their entire purpose with all the new strategy. I refused to continue using AL, even though the lack of recent good reports made us look bad.

When clients asked if we'd like an AL review from them, we politely said "no that's ok...a letter of recommendation perhaps.." and continued by referrals to gain new clients.

There's much more... but I should write my own complaint!

Review
Product
Angies List Commercial
Reason of review
nothing can be done
Preferred solution
Admission of being a deceptive company