State: Michigan City: Detroit Clear all filters (2 of 669 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Angies List review in Detroit, Michigan: Bad Roofing Job Haggled With A Rated Roofing Company for 1 Year

4.0
The roofing company has a front guy that gets the contract and then sends roofers. My roof leaked, the shingles are curled and the roof has sunken spots. I complained for a year and finally filed complaint with Angie's List and BBB. I posted pictures of the poor roof job at Yelp and YP.com and at Angie's List. They guy finally gave me a FULL REFUND in exchange for removing the postings and complaints. The BBB shows it as a resolved complaint; Angie's list deleted it completely. I will not renew membership because I spent a whole year haggling with this guy, the roof was a mess and he still gets to keep all A's at Angie's List as if he has perfect service. I let the AL agent know that Angie's list is not reliable if they just delete the complaint like the contractor requested, but they did not respond to my email. I am still a member, but once it expires, I will not renew as I no longer trust Angie's List. I am sure this is not how she wanted the company to end up when she started it. I cannot post the pictures or name the company because it is part of the agreement to get my refund of the full amount paid for my roof. I am hoping Angie sees this so that she can do what BBB does and show "problem resolved" instead of deleting the whole dispute as if it did not exist.
Review
Service
Angies List Membership
Preferred solution
Nothing. I am satisfied with other referrals. I just want ANGIE to know a legitimate complaint w/pictures should never be deleted and wish her luck, but policy of deleting bad reviews cancels her promise of "reliable" reviews.

Angies List review in Detroit, Michigan: Angie list dont waste your time

Angies list is a joke don't waste your time on this service. contractors are held up for huge sums of money to advertise on this so called free referral site. Angie no longer owns this site it is owned by private company that holds it contractors hostage. Angie list encourages it members to give company reviews the members have no respect for contractors time and money it takes to meet with *** homeowners for *** ***. When you *** homeowners don't get what you want you post a bad review.And we have no recourse because you are *** It cost time and money to waste our time. Then you have seedy contractors that buy reviews from home owners.Great way to do business Angie.

Complete waste of time. Two out of three contractors contacted for a residential project never responded.

The one that did was a no-call, no show for the first visit.

Totally lame. Will never use this service again.

Not only are there a limited amount of reviews ....even in the Dallas area.....but when you cancel your subscription they don't do it. Money was debited from my account nearly a month after I canceled my subscription.

The reason I canceled in the first place was becasue I was able to get better and more references just by asking around than I was able to get from Angie.

Then my account was still charged after I cancelled. Not good business!!!!!!

View more comments (1)