State: Nevada City: Las Vegas Clear all filters (5 of 666 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Angies List review in Las Vegas, Nevada: Six months to receive a refund from Angie's List

In July, 2014, I purchased pool service through Angie's List. However, due to the distance he would have to travel to our home, the contractor declined to service provide service, and he immediately notified Angie's List. Angie's Customer Service ignored the contractor's request. When I followed up the Customer Service, they claimed because 30 days had past, I had waived my right to a refund. With the contractor's repeated attempts over the next six months to get Angie's List to refund my money, and with my multiple correspondences, 6 months later, I finally received the refund in December. Buyer Beware
Service
Angies List Customer Care
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Angies List review in Las Vegas, Nevada: Failure of providers to provide services.

Several months ago, we had the shower in the master bath remodeled. The old tiling was replaced, both on the walls and on the floor. New sliding glass doors were installed. A seat was to be added; it was to be attached to one of the walls. It was supposed to sit a 90 degree angle to the wall. Well, it did not; it sat a 45 degree angle to wall, making it useless. We called the contractor a dozen times and he never returned our calls. It was something we just gave up on the issue. Last monday, called Angies List to have do repair work on our washing machine. (She did not discuss it with me prior to the call. I would have told her to forget about Angies List.) She prepaid the expense. On Wednesday. the contractor called and said he could come out between Wednesday and Friday. We called the contractor on Friday and was told that he could not come out that day but that he could have a subcontractor come out on Friday. I called the sub and was informed that he could come out between 3 and 5 PM. Guess what? No show,no phone call, no e-mail, no nothing. Is this any way to run a business?
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Angies List review in Las Vegas, Nevada: Scam

It's just another money making scheme. Here's the thing.. any company can join and get in there and slam their competition. So any review, anywhere can be a LIE since there are many companies who enjoy slamming their competition to drive the business THEIR way. So it may be that you are avoiding a very good company because their competition manipulated you into calling them. The best place to go for a referral is your friends, relatives, and co-workers. NOT strangers. And as we all know, there are crazy people that post bad reviews. I joined Angie's list for a brief period of time and was NOT impressed.

You are so wrong,I am a contractor in Las Vegas

Trust me I get 2 leads a day

Good solid educated customers

They have increased my business during the worst

Economic time

You are doing something wrong

The new world is all about service

Tags
  • bad reviews

Angies List review in Las Vegas, Nevada: 8 MONTH WITH THEM AND NO PHONE CALL FOR WORK !!!!!!

I'M HADYMAN CONTRACTOR ,SINCE I START WITH ANGI'S LIST ,I NEVER RECEIVE A SINGLE PHONE CALL !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ,YOU CAN DIED BEFORE YOU GOT SOMETHING !!!! A LOT OF STIMULATION BUT NOTHING COME UP,NO CONTACT,NO UPGRADE TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ,JUST NOTHING ,MEAN ZERO !!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE WAY THEY WORK !!, ON CRAIG LIST YOU GOT SOMETHING ,AND YOU DON'T PAY ANYTHING ,SOMETHING WRONG HERE !!! WHAT? NO IDEA !! PROBABLY BAD MANAGEMENT ,WITH THE SITUATION THAT WE HAVE NOW, BETTER TO GO TO SOMETHING MORE MOVING !!! VERY DESAPOINTED,,BAD DREAM , BUT JUST MOVE ONE

Hi,I'm an investigative reporter - I am currently writing a piece on Angies-List. On a public forum, I do not want to go into further details, but if you could contact me that would be great.

I would be happy to pass over to you the information I have collected from other people who have been seriously mistreated.

Please email: ken101clarke@gmail.com. All the best

jaime

I had similar results from Angie List...I didnt receive any calls at all for 5 months yet they took money from my checking account. I called the rep that sign me up and he told me to call my area rep.

I did and since that time I have sold 8 jobs and have had about 10 opportunities. So maybe you should find out who is your rep and relay problem.

This is one of the largest scams going these days. They are using monies paid by naive people for prime time ads, just to sign up new members.

They also allow contractors to "buy" ratings. Stay tuned, wonder if 60 minutes or Dateline NBC will be first to expose Angie Hicks!?!?

Contractors are paying for the yearly membership of homeowners in exchange for a good review. I know one contractor that has paid out hundreds for this.

View more comments (3)
Review
Why I cant search services beyond my primary zipcode? I thought part of my membership when I signed up, which was a selling point, was that I will be able to use angie's services for all my properties that I've own. Else it would be no point for me to sign up...
John N

Angie's list is a scam, pure and simple. All you are doing is paying good money to read what a bunch of dopes living in your area think about various services.

Purely subjective opinions and mostly worthless. Like reading the review on Amazon.com where you have a bunch of people who say business A is wonderful while others say it is terrible.

All you can do is talk to friends and neighbours. Why would you pay money for something like this???

Service