State: New Mexico City: Albuquerque Product: Angies List Membership Clear all filters (2 of 162 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
I've now called AL 3 times regarding an unauthorized automatic renewal of my subscription via Paypal. I've been promised a refund and cancellation all three times. They have failed to follow through. Watch these guys--it's difficult to get Paypal to do anything...

They did the same to me - charged my Paypal acct. I cancelled my 1 year subscription at least 4 years ago and had no other charges until this month.

Paypal indicates they do this because most don't notify paypal the agreement has been cancelled so when Angie comes thru and bills arbitrarily, they have no reason to question it. Shame on Angie! I've tried calling but the phone number is bad. This business needs to be gone!

What kind of business uses old billing info to pad their wallets? They obvious assume some people will just look the other way because the charge is small.

Yields a huge amount of income when you do it to the masses. We need accountability for this behavior as it is theft no matter how you cut it but our legal system does nothing!

View more comments
Review
Service
Angies List Membership
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Angies List in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Auto renewal after repeated requests to cancel

Angies List "notified" me that my account would auto renew at some point in the future. As I recall, I got about three of these notices. After each one I emailed Angie's List and told them do NOT auto-renew. Today I got a notice from Paypal that my membership had renewed. Called an got a refund/cancellation from an apologetic rep--not his fault. It's pretty obvious to me that this company is an aggressive, non-responsive and fairly unhelpful service. Reports that they accept paid ads from vendors is enough to let me know they can't be unbiased and this last experience is the straw that has broken this camel's back. My advice: just run away. STP
Review
Service
Angies List Membership
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review