I purchased a $1,499 shower retile from Angie's List.Shortly after purchasing the shower job, I purchased a plumbing deal from Angie's list.

The company showed up with 2 men for a 40 minute job and charged an exorbitant amount over the Angie's List deal. His response was " I could have charged you more." I should have learned my lesson, but I bought another Angie's List plumbing deal to have my new corner tub plumbed in. The plumber destroyed my floor truss and it literally took two months for the owner to bring in another contractor to fix the truss and then replumb the tub correctly. When I called back the shower company to come back, they provided an estimate which was extremely pricey.

I said, "No, thanks. I will be requesting a refund." When I contacted Angie's List for a refund, the unyielding response was that I should have read the fine print on the 30 day refund.

Here's the bottom line. Angie's List would like you to believe that their contractors are trustworthy and competitive. My experience says otherwise.

Do your homework and find a local contractor your friends and neighbors have been satisfied with.I would never recommend Angie's List.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Lack of customer support.

Had an Experience with Angies List?

Comments