State: Ohio City: Cleveland Clear all filters (1 of 666 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

Angies list refuses positive review

Some years ago, I decided I wanted to learn fencing as a sport. I could not find a club or coach who would teach me. I found one by accident two years ago, and since I was very pleased with the coach and his club (On Target Fencing, North Ridgeville OH), I decided to give it a positive review on Angies List. It was difficult to post, because Sports Training (such as Golf, Tennis, Martial Arts, etc.) is NOT a category they cover. (Instead, they suggest "Fitness centers" or maybe "Health Care Providers." Silly? Yes.) // After much difficulty, I sent my review in on July 11. It did not appear. When I entered "On Target Fencing" in their search box, it offered me only Target big-box stores in various local suburbs, plus a company that installs fences. I called and emailed them several times, and eventually I was told Angies List couldn't verify the contact information. This was patently ridiculous, since I gave them two numbers for On Target, numbers which are answered either by the head coach or by voice mail 24/7. // I called Angies List again and this time they told me they had a policy that they would not post reviews unless they had two reviewers. I suspect another reviewer would have the same mountain to climb to get to the correct category, etc. // So the many people in Cleveland and NE Ohio who would like to learn to fence cannot find On Target -- or any other club -- on Angies List. Angies list does list another fencing club, but it has NO reviews. So they do not seem to enforce their own rule. // I pay hefty dues to Angies List and dutifully submit reviews, but for this I get my review ignored. I'm investigating other review sources -- Yelp? Google? To be fair, I have found good providers, but the algorithm for submitting reviews is seriously messed up, and I wonder if they just want to list companies that will buy their ads.
Review