State: Pennsylvania Product: Angies List Website Clear all filters (3 of 50 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
I signed up for angies list to find someone to do our bathroom remodel. We went with a contractor that had A+ and a Angies List Super Service award. We ended up cancelling our contract with our Contractor due to poor workmanship, they offered a refund but we are still...

Sounds like the contractor tried, but you are not done with AL. Fair warning, you will find a renewal charge on your account, even years later.

Best to just cancel the credit card. This is the worst rip-off company that I have encountered.

Angies List Website
Cons
  • Not for the customer
  • Not honest
  • No return on investment
Reason of review
Bad quality
Tags
  • angies list scam

Angies list will allow someone who was not even at my office give a review.

Angie's list will let you review a business that they were never in. Yes, it is true. When asked how can you allow a person who was never in my office do a review the reply I got was a son/daughter or care taker can do a review without ever being there. Stay away from this company. Any competitor and unethical person can make up anything they want and Angie's list will stand by there "paying subscriber". Angie's list is only out to make themselves look good and is not interested in fairness to honest businesses that have been slammed by someone who was not even involved in being helped. Very sad that any review company does not have stops put in place to only allow information published by actual customers.

It's absolutely true. We have reviews on our profile which we don't even want listed with Angie's List that are from people we never worked for in the first place.

Ask Angie's List to help with that? Tough.

People are free to post whatever they want whenever they want with no recourse. You can pay; however, and get those reviews pushed down to the bottom of the page, but then that sounds a heck of a lot like extortion.

Reason of review
Bad quality

Angies List in North East, Pennsylvania - Angie's List is a Scam! They will close your account if you look at too many listings!

I paid to look for movers in the state of Arizona and I looked at 25 different listings that she had on her website in one day and they shut down my account automatically for exceeding their daily search limit! I paid to look at their listings and they said I looked too much? This place is a SCAM!!!!! How can they charge you to access their listings and then say you are looking too much, but nowhere on their website does it say you can only look at a certain number of listings per day. Stay clear of Angies List!

Angie's List is a scam. I wanted to report a dishonest, crooked, thieving contractor named Randy Clouse, and his Artisan Exteriors in Round Rock Texas.

Angies List wanted $60. I just want to save other people from getting ripped off by Randy Clouse.

He ruined my house and owes me thousands of dollars for the damage he did. When I asked him to pay for the damage, he threatened me and told me *** you.