State: Texas City: Austin Clear all filters (1 of 664 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Resolved
I used Net Siding via an Angie's List promo for 16 hours of painting. Ed Trigo, the so-called "marketing director", came to my home and assured me that his "painters" would do a great job. That was when he wasn't trying to sell me windows. I asked him directly such...
Revengeissweet

My issue is resolved and Angie's List seemed to be helpful in making it happen. I received a full refund from the contractor which frankly shocked me.

The contractor mailed me a money order which tells me they were not on the up and up anyway. Angie's List let me know it was coming after I received it but up to that point had merely stated that if the contractor did not respond to their request for resolution they would put them in a "penalty box". There was no update on any progress until the refund arrived. Angie's List also sent me a new survey asking me to review the contractor again based on my refund.

They stated that due to the resolution they would "discard the report I originally submitted". In other words, take down the negative review. That's not right. This means that all anyone will ever see is positive reviews for contractors, no matter how bad they are!

Due to this experience I have cancelled my membership and find contractors on my own now. Angie's List does not vet these people enough for my liking.

View more comments