Fairborn, Ohio

I mistakingly joined AL and figured that I would let it go for a year. Didn't realize it is auto-renew until we saw the receipt and that may have been my oversight so I let that go so have almost another year that I don't use them.

Now I decided to go on line to change my subscription to stop auto renew but here's the problems...1st, there is no way on my account to change my address or stop auto renew except to give you a number to call. I reluctantly called the number and they force you into taking a survey to get through to a person and then...they for you to "accept their free cruise" or something in that order but I did not want whatever that is so I did not press "1" because I didn't want to open up a can of worms I knew nothing about so I just didn't do anything so it hung up on me!! This tells me it's an unethical company that just sucks up your money for nothing and...how do you stop the auto renew without accepting the junk on the phone. Something else I'm wondering is if they are the ones who got a lot of sales calls started on my cell phone.

I am angry now but will probably have to jump through hoops too stop them from renews my unwanted membership. I need to talk to my credit company to see if there's a way to block them from charging my credit card for membership.

Product or Service Mentioned: Angies List Membership.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

You are on the right track, but fair warning, you will find the renewal charge on your account, even years later. Best to just cancel the credit card. This is the worst rip-off company that I have encountered.