The start 12/17/15 and end date 1/8/16 of the contract for Interior stairs repair and ($149 For Four Hours of Wood Rot Restoration) has come and gone. The work had not started.

Because of the period given for this project, I did not celebrate/decorate for the holidays at my house as traditionally done. The communications I received from Universal Renovation Consultants for the most part had been because I initiated them. There had not been ongoing communications and guidance as to what will happen next. On December 30, 2015, I sent the project manager a picture of the light shining through the stairs as requested, however, I received no response. I paid $3,000 in November 2015 and no work was started. Ed Armand, the manager, informed me in mid-January, that he could not do the work that he would hold my deposit for any other job I may want done.

In January, I requested my money be refunded. I didn’t receive my money until 2/16/16. Mind you they had my deposit since November 2015. Angie’s list resolved the issue. However, my review of the company on Angie’s list was removed since “We removed the review associated with your complaint since the issue was successfully resolved through our Complaint Resolution Process.” This was they only way I could have received my money. I had to also agree not to peruse other legal options.

Product or Service Mentioned: Universal Renovation Consultants Stairs Repair.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Comments

I had major problems with universal renovations in Omaha.

I contracted for complete bathroom remodeling in July 2017, work was was suppose to start on Sept,5 2017, didn't begin till Oct .

Never ever heard from project manager Charlie Brown only when I initiated contact and only got excuses from manufacturing delays to personal medical problems.

Long story short, what was suppose to be a 5 day job turned a 7 week installation.

Bottom line don't for any reason hire this company , they are a rip off.

Yes Do NOT like the Company „Universal Renovation”, they are a rip off they took $5790.58 from me as it don’t payment I did cancel on the phone with the man that gave me his business card when he left he took all the paper even the contract left me a brochure and his business , maybe he did it by mistake but I had no paperwork , they charge my card and said too bad you lost your money and your merchandise and that was it so please please nobody do business with universal renovation in Nebraska

I have had the same problem with this company. Do not under any circumstance trust Ed Armond or Alex Duque!

If there was a zero star, I would give it to this company. They sub a job to my company and after 100 emails they finally email me back to say the company was bankrupt and they wouldn't be paying me for a job that was completed almost a year ago. Ed Armond is unprofessional and unreliable.