85 views
Verified Reviewer

To recover my antique sofa, I was looking for an upholsterer 'near me' on the web, and Angie's List came up with the name of a boat repair, upholsterer, etc., and this company was the only name provided. So I reached out to the owner, Rene Humnell (SP).

When he called in response to my inquiry he explained that even though boats were his specialty, he also did furniture. In fact he seemed quite excited about the idea. He enthusiastically offered, even asked if he could, reupholster our antique couch. He picked the couch up approximately three + weeks ago with the promise to have it back this coming weekend.

We had heard nothing from him after he got the couch, (plus over $800 in fabric and a $1,000 down payment.) Not hearing from him, I started out last Tuesday by leaving him a message on the same phone number we conversed with each other on a regular basis while I shopped for the fabric. I didn't get a response so I texted. Still no response. Next day I called, and not hearing back from him, again, I asked my husband to call and leave a message.

That was last night. Still no response. This afternoon I left another voice mail. Still no response.

This evening my husband left another message. No response as of this time, 9:55 p.m. The website doesn't give any information about the company, address, phone number, not the name of the owner. I can't believe I didn't do more due diligence, but now here we are, out money, no couch.

Can you please help us track him down? I trust you have more information that will hopefully help us find him. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Arloa Molstad, 952-442-****. My email is: arloamolstad@***.com

User's recommendation: I don't even know if he's still active on the web. But if he is, and you are considering him, get much more information than I did!

Preferred solution: To recover our antique couch, the $1,000 deposit, the fabric and the $842.05 spent for the fabric..

Angies List Pros: Possible thief.

Angies List Cons: Possible scam causing loss of property and money.

Comments